From The Little Mushroom cookbook. This is an easy, delicious quiche that is great for brunch or a cozy dinner.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, cooked & drained
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bake pie crust°F at 400 for 10 minutes, cool.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, bacon, and cheeses. Season with salt & pepper. Place into cooked crust.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, thyme, and Worcestershire. Pour over broccoli mixture in crust.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.