1/4 Photos of Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
I found this recipe this morning on the www.mccormick.com website. "This creamy casserole can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before dinner. Using frozen vegetables makes this dish a cinch." Flavor Variation: Substitute 1 teaspoon McCormick® Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves for the Italian Seasoning.
My Private Note
2 quart ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, fine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut-up
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Cut up any large broccoli florets or cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- 4Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat.
- 5Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- 6Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 207.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: