Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Warm, creamy and and easy to make!
Make and share this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1. Melt butter in stock pot on medium, add onion and cook til' soft. Add pepper and garlic, and cook for a few minutes. Add broccoli and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer to broccoli is tender (10-15 minutes).
- 2. In separate bowl, whisk flour into milk until completely dissolved. Stir into soup, stirring frequently ti'l thickened. Reduce heat to low, and then stir in cheese til smooth and heated through. Salt to taste.
- Serves 4-5.
Very thick and cheesey! I made this as written, but used cornstarch (only about 3-4 tbsp) in place of flour. If you're craving a creamy cheesey soup, this is a good choice. Thanx for sharing!
Good soup but a little blah. It needs a little something to give it a little kick. I tried some cayenne pepper and garlic salt. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
LOVED this recipe! I added bacon and saut