Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really good cheese soup for those cold days and nights coming up
Make and share this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 4 slices cheese (1/2 c. grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Melt oleo in saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Blend in flour until mixture is smooth.
- Add milk, broccoli, cheese and seasonings.
- Cook until mixture thickens and cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
SO YUMMY! SO EASY! My kind of Soup!!
I added nutmeg and replaced 1/3 of the milk with pureed cauliflower. Used 1% milk and unsalted butter instead of margerine. Love it - will make it again. Thank you for sharing!
Great soup! It is much easier than the recipe I usually make and a bit more healthy too. I use skim milk to make this it it thickens up nicely still. Definitely a keeper for me!
This turned out fantastic! I used skim milk , and it still turned out wonderful! I did have to add a little more salt and pepper. I love the fact that it was easy and healthy! Two of my favorite things! Thanks for a great recipe that I plan on making often!