1/3 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup
My sister gave this recipe to me many years ago. It's become a family favorite. My kids request it often. I am not a big fan of Velveeta cheese, but it sure does work in this recipe! The soup is creamy and highly satisfying. Enjoy :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, chopped fine (small)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1Put the first 7 ingredients into a large soup pot, on medium high heat.
- 2Cook until the vegetables are tender - about 10-15 minutes - while you make the white sauce.
- 3White Sauce:.
- 4In another pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 5Gradually add the flour and whisk - until blended. (Don't burn).
- 6Stir in the milk and salt to the flour mixture and keep stirring until it gets thick and smooth. (I've never timed this step - I'm guessing it's about 10 minutes or so.).
- 7Add the Velveeta and stir until blended. Make sure not to boil this mixture.
- 8Now you can add this white sauce to the vegetable mixture.
- 9Heat through and enjoy the comfort!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 1741.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g