1/2 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup
Toby Jermain's Note:
This is my wife's long time recipe. I think it is even better made with cauliflower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces,and steamed until fairly tender
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (or 1 cup broth and 1 cup beer)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs velveeta process American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup beer or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1Place half-and-half and chicken broth in top of a double boiler.
- 2Add salt, pepper mustard, cayenne, Worcestershire, and cubed Velveeta cheese.
- 3Heat until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy.
- 4Add broccoli.
- 5Stir cornstarch mixture, and stir into cheese mixture.
- 6Heat over simmering water until soup thickens.
- 7Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (807 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.4
- Calories from Fat 644
- Total Fat 71.6 g
- Saturated Fat 44.1 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 4569.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 56.9 g