1/4 Photos of Broccoli Mushroom Feta cheese Quiche
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was originally in the "Horn of the Moon Cookbook" - a wonderful Vegetarian cook book - I have modified and changed the recipe adding garlic and using Feta Cheese instead of Sour cream.- Serve this with a green salad and enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 tsp fresh finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 tsp fresh finely chopped)
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli, crowns & stems
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (I like aged white)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In the veggie oil, over medium heat, saute the onions, thyme, basil, garlic& Broccoli for apprx 3-5 minutes Add Mushrooms and season with salt.
- 3Only saute until the mushrooms are tender, drain liquid.
- 4Add the cheeses to the beaten eggs, mix well.
- 5Put the broccoli mixture in the unbaked pie shell.
- 6Pour in the egg/cheese mixture.
- 7Bake 45 minutes or until it is a lovely gold color and all puffy.
- 8Let stand for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Mushroom Feta cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.8
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 251.2 mg
- Sodium 1134.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.6 g