This recipe was originally in the "Horn of the Moon Cookbook" - a wonderful Vegetarian cook book - I have modified and changed the recipe adding garlic and using Feta Cheese instead of Sour cream.- Serve this with a green salad and enjoy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 tsp fresh finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 tsp fresh finely chopped)
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli, crowns & stems
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (I like aged white)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the veggie oil, over medium heat, saute the onions, thyme, basil, garlic& Broccoli for apprx 3-5 minutes Add Mushrooms and season with salt.
- Only saute until the mushrooms are tender, drain liquid.
- Add the cheeses to the beaten eggs, mix well.
- Put the broccoli mixture in the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour in the egg/cheese mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until it is a lovely gold color and all puffy.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, slice and serve.