The broccoli puff is always better the next day. I make this dish around the holidays, it goes great with turkey, lamb, pork and chicken, a nice side dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook and drain the broccoli.
- Combine undiluted soup, eggs, mayonnaise, cheese, onions, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the drained broccoli.
- Pour mixture in 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a frying pan, toss in the croutons until butter is absorbed.
- Add buttered croutons to baked broccoli the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Note: This dish is always better the next day.