Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The broccoli puff is always better the next day. I make this dish around the holidays, it goes great with turkey, lamb, pork and chicken, a nice side dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook and drain the broccoli.
- Combine undiluted soup, eggs, mayonnaise, cheese, onions, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the drained broccoli.
- Pour mixture in 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a frying pan, toss in the croutons until butter is absorbed.
- Add buttered croutons to baked broccoli the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Note: This dish is always better the next day.
I made this for the first time at Thanksgiving. The whole family loved it! Even the little kids. I then made it for a pot-luck at work. It went over, big-time. It's been added as a new family tradition for holidays.
This was a good dish. I did use fresh broccoli and a lot of it. I also added some garlic powder and about a half chopped onion. What was great was I toasted some chopped up bread and used that on top with the melted butter. The toasted buttered bread just melted in your mouth. Everyone eats all of this up when I make it. I will keep on making this.
Wow! Can't believe I never rated this...have made it at least a dozen times and always get asked for the recipe. I always use fresh steamed broccoli, 1 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp of curry (if I want to change it up) and 3 - 4 scallions finely chopped. I use 2 cans of soup and 3 eggs...this is sooo good! Thanks so much for posting this great recipe!! Update...made this again and used Asparagus in place of the broccoli...it was delish! Either way a GREAT recipe...love it!