a nice, easy recipe that can be made in 30 minutes. Great for a quick dinner.
Make and share this Broccoli Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut broccoli into very small florets, leaving very little stem, and place florets and water in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, add margarine, sprinkle flour over broccoli and toss.
- In a large bowl, with beaten eggs, add cottage cheese, cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, onion, salt, seasoned salt, and white pepper and mix well together.
- Combine broccoli and egg mixture and pour into a buttered 7x11 baking dish.
- Sprinkle other 1/2 cup of cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or till center is set.