Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Recently, I've began to love and discover different panini and grilled cheese in my grill panini. This is from Rachael Ray.
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 8 slices country bread
- 16 slices prosciutto (about 8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat a panini press. Divide half the cheese among 4 slices of the bread, then top with the prosciutto; spread 1 tablespoon jam on each and top with the remaining cheese. Set the remaining bread slices in place.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the butter. Working in batches, dip both slices of each sandwich in the egg mixture and place in the panini press. Grill until the bread is crisp and golden, about 3 minutes.
I great little sandwhich! I used a little less prosciutto because the flavor can be a bit for me, but the jam really helped balance it all out! Made for PAC spring '11.
Made for my breakfast this morning and liked the sandwich other than the prosciutto, which I think the deli worker gave me the cheaper brand that you would use in browning the meat in a recipe, as that was what was on the price sticker. I served it with some fresh fruit. I think I would have enjoyed it more the the type of prosciutto I asked to get or a high quality sliced ham. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
I made this last night for dinner with a serving of Spicy Scrambled Egg Beaters (Ww) so I did not use the egg coating. This was a wonderful blend of sweet and salty together! Mmm... I loved it! I made it with my favorite strawberry peach preserves my friend Libba makes and gives me! So perfect.