1/2 Photos of Budget Beef & Mushroom Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This casserole has an oriental flavor and kids love it! If you wish to make this a do ahead recipe just leave the noodles off until just before you pop it into the oven. Serve over cooked rice or mashed potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups celery, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces canned sliced water chestnuts
- 12 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups crisp chow mein noodles
- 1Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Cook beef until brown & crumbly.
- 3Turn the cooked beef into a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- 4Pour off any grease from skillet.
- 5Add onions, garlic, celery and mushrooms to the skillet; sauté until cooked but still crisp.
- 6Add veggies to the meat in the casserole then fold in the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and tomatoes with the juice.
- 7In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch with the soy sauce and stir into the mixture.
- 8Top with chow mein noodles.
- 9Bake uncovered 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 10Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Budget Beef & Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 582.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crisp chow mein noodles