For anyone that loves buffalo wings, this combines all those flavors in a creamy dip that is great for parties, without all the messiness of eating buffalo wings! Best served with celery sticks, or with tortilla chips!
- Cook chicken with hot sauce in medium size saute pan.
- Mix together cream cheese and ranch dressing a medium bowl, adding a dash of hot sauce if desired.
- Add cheese and dressing mixture to cooked chicken, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, until creamy and well blended.
- Pour until rectangular casserole dish, and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cook at 350 until cheese is bubbly, approximately 25 minutes.
- Served best warm, with celery sticks and/or tortilla chips.
And avoid cutting chicken into chunks, use two forks too shred chicken too absorb the flavor further and make a paste.
This was great, however to many calories for an appertizer. We are on the south beach diet and I hosted Father's Day this year which meant Ribs. I made this as an appertizer but I used neufchatel Cheese which is just like cream cheese, taste the same with less fat and calories. I also saw recipes that used Blue Cheese dressing in place of the Ranch. Next time I will try that in order to cut even more calories and fat. I only used 1/2 cup of hot sauce and then split the dip into two baking dishes. In one I added more hot sauce. This way I had Hot and Mild. I would serve it next time in a foudue dish to keep it warm as the cheese does get hard. Had a little left over the next day and added it to our scrambled eggs for breakfast. It was great!
This is so good. I did half the recipe in a pie plate. And instead of using 3/8 cup of hot sauce (for half recipe), I used 2/8 cup. It was enough for us. I used low-fat cream cheese. And reduced-fat cheddar cheese. We ate it with tostitos. Thanks A.Love. Made for PAC Spring 2009