1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion and Canadian Bacon Strata
10 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4.92 ml butter
- 354.88 ml vertically sliced onions
- 314.66 ml finely chopped red bell peppers
- 177.44 ml chopped Canadian bacon
- 1419.54 ml sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 12 ounces)
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 22.18 ml spicy brown mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat; cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add bell pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in bacon.
- 6Arrange 3 cups bread in an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of onion mixture.
- 7Repeat layer with remaining bread and onion mixture.
- 8Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 9Pour egg mixture over bread mixture, and top with the cheese.
- 10Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 11Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 12Let the casserole stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 13Uncover and bake at 375°F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Canadian Bacon Strata
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 829.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 1444.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: