1/1 Photo of Caribbean Croque Monsieur
A Caribbean version of the French favorite. From the "All Around the World Cookbook."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If desired, cut crusts off bread., then butter one side of each slice,.
- 2Lay 2 slices, butter side down, on a work surface covered with wax paper. Cover the 2 slices evenly with mustard.
- 3Top each with 1 slice of cheese, then 2 slices of ham.
- 4Drizzle the honey over the ham.
- 5Place the tomato on ham and cover with avocado. Top with remaining 2 slices of bread, buttered side up.
- 6Preheat the broiler.
- 7Fry the sandwiches, one at a time, in a heavy skillet over medium heat until golden. Carefully turn the sandwiches over and fry the other side.
- 8Place the remaining slice of cheese on top of the sandwich and broil until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- 9Cut the sandwiches in half or quarters and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Croque Monsieur
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.4
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 587.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: