1/2 Photos of Carolyn's Easy Cheesy Macaroni & Cheese
SUSIE IN MISSOURI's Note:
This is a recipe my sister and I have followed forever. It is easily doubled for a crowd buffet and can be put in a crockpot to keep warm after preparing (I would not leave in the crockpot for more than 2 hours). There are alot of Mac & Cheese recipes on Zaar, but this is the one we like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the macaroni according to package directions.
- 2While the macaroni is cooking melt the butter in a large saucepan on low to medium heat.
- 3Cut the Velvetta in cubes and add to the butter and stir constantly.
- 4When the cheese starts to melt add the milk and stir to combine until smooth.
- 5Drain the macaroni and add to the cheese mixture.
- 6Pepper can be used at the table, but I would not use too much if a child is eating this.
- 7If putting in a crockpot to keep warm, you might need to add a little milk to it right before serving. Just use your judgement and how your family likes their Mac & Cheese.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolyn's Easy Cheesy Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 905.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.1 g