Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cauliflower ain't just for salads anymore!Even people who don't like cauliflower like this dish! You can use half broccoli and half cauliflower if you wish.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces chopped cooked ham
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute ham and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet and blend well.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I used half and half cream instead of whip cream in order to cut down on fat...still came out great.
This was awesome!! I did go with the half broccoli/half cauliflower combo, and I also used cheddar cheese instead of swiss 'cause I really don't like swiss, and it turned out wonderful. The whole family enjoyed it. I'm sure I will be making this many times again for family get-togethers. I think it would also be great to add leftover cooked chicken or turkey to make a main-dish. Superb! Thanks! ~Manda
We love this recipe, I do not use the ham I add sauteed onions and a little sour cream and I top it off a little parmesan before adding it to the oven. Yummy!! Thank you!