Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cauliflower ain't just for salads anymore!Even people who don't like cauliflower like this dish! You can use half broccoli and half cauliflower if you wish.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces chopped cooked ham
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute ham and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet and blend well.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.