Cauliflower ain't just for salads anymore!Even people who don't like cauliflower like this dish! You can use half broccoli and half cauliflower if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces chopped cooked ham
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet.
- 2Saute ham and garlic for 2 minutes.
- 3Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet and blend well.
- 5Add salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 8Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Place under preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.6
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 220.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.9 g