Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is one of my favorite soups. I absolutely love Brie cheese because it's so creamy, and the flavor with cauliflower and bacon...WOW! This recipe came from LHJ or BH&G.
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 medium onions, chopped (2 3/4 cups)
- 2 heads cauliflower, separated into florets
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- parsley (to garnish)
- red pepper (to garnish)
- Fry bacon in a large pot until browned but not crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, then coarsely chop.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of drippings from the pot.
- Add onions and saute until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower, broth, and celery soup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Cool soup 10 minutes before adding bacon and cheese.
- When cool enough to handle, puree in batches in a blender until smooth, pouring pureed soup into another pot or storage container.
- Garnish with parsley and or red pepper.
Wow. Just wow. This was absolutely delicious and loved by everyone at the table. I also used my own chicken stock, and left out the red peppers, but used garden parsley for garnish. Thanks so much for posting!
This is a GREAT! soup! I bumped it up abit with my own chicken broth along with the soup and a shredded carrot and twice the cheese! Thanks for a good one. Jim...