1/8 Photos of Cauliflower Casserole
A Good Thing's Note:
This is Grandma Nichols's recipe...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! We miss you, Grandma! I always HATED cooked cauliflower...until I tasted this! It's oh, so, good! Great with holiday roasts, hams, turkey, etc. or just on it's own when you are pressed for time and don't have the energy to cook a big dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to boil. While water is heating, wash and cut cauliflower into small or medium pieces. If using frozen cauliflower, skip this step.
- 3Once water is boiling, carefully add cauliflower. When water has returned to boil, turn down and simmer - uncovered - for approximately 8 minutes (or until cauliflower is about half cooked).
- 4While cauliflower is simmering, use a fork or whisk to mix mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl. Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. If too thick, add a small amount of milk. You want this to be about as thick as pancake batter.
- 5Once cauliflower is cooked to half-way, strain and allow to sit for a few minutes to "dry out". Once rested, place cauliflower in oven-proof baking dish (glass or metal), sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper, and cover with mayonnaise/sour cream sauce.
- 6Cover with shredded cheese. Place in oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 7Remove from oven and place French Fried onions on top. If you don't have French Fried onions, try crushed corn flakes or a mixture of bread crumbs and/or cracker crumbs. Return to oven and bake long enough to crisp and brown onions or other crunchy toppings (about 5 to 7 minutes). Watch this carefully so the onions or other topping doesn't burn.
- 8Serve immediately but be careful! It's really hot and will catch little ones unaware!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.9
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 683.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: