1/1 Photo of Cauliflower-Cheese Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour, about
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, more to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 -4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12-16 oz)
- 1In a large saucepan.
- 2simmer cauliflower in chicken broth until slightly softened, and set aside, leaving in broth.
- 3Saute onions in melted butter until soft.
- 4Season with pepper, add flour, and continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add flour mixture to cauliflower and chicken broth, and stir carefully so that cauliflower doesn't break up.
- 6Add milk and bouillon granules.
- 7Increase heat, and cook until thickened and starting to boil.
- 8Reduce, heat, and add cheese by handfuls, mixing between each addition, stirring until melted and combined.
- 9Do not allow to boil after adding cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower-Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.0
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 1173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 23.1 g