1/4 Photos of Cheddar Cheese and Chutney Toasted Doorstep Sandwich!
French Tart's Note:
A real old fashioned British style "Doorstep" sandwich, jazzed up a wee bit by adding chutney with mayonnaise and then toasting it........just delicious! The only criteria for these toasted "sarnies" is that you use THICK slices of good quality white Farmhouse style bread; such as home-made or Artisanal crusty bread! And, a good quality Cheddar cheese - preferably mature with good mayonnaise and tangy chutney! Although I have given the method for grilling (broiling) these sarnies, they'll be fine if they're made in an electric sandwich or grilling machine, such as a George Foreman. There is no need to add the chutney separately then, just add it to the cheese and mayonnaise mixture. This is a recipe for one greedy person - please increase the quantities for more greedy people if necessary!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the grill. (Broiler).
- 2Mix together the grated cheese with the mayonnaise and mustard powder. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 3Spread the cheese mixture on one slice of bread - making sure it reaches right up to the edges. Put it under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden, melted and bubbling.
- 4Spread the chutney over the other slice of bread and place it on top of the toasted cheese - sandwiching the two pieces of bread together.
- 5Put the sandwich under the grill (broiler) and toast on BOTH sides.
- 6Remove carefully, cut in half and enjoy!
- 7NB: Mix the cheese mixture and chutney together if using an electric sandwich grill.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese and Chutney Toasted Doorstep Sandwich!
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.1
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 817.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g