Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another easy to make yet impressive main course. Smells heavenly while cooking!
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Chicken with Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven at 350 and spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Dip chicken first in egg white, then into crumbs.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- About 5 minutes before chicken is done, top with bacon bits and cheese, then place back in oven until cheese melts.
Halved the recipe for my husband and it was perfect. I used italian flavoured breadcrumbs, and real bacon. Processed bacon bits are not an option.
I didn't have savory or thyme so I used the salt and pepper and added some garlic powder to the Italian bread crumbs. We thought it could have used some other spices mixed into it too. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. My hubby thought the finished product was too salty. The rest of us enjoyed it.
Very tasty chicken, went over well with the family. I think it definitely needed some savory pan drippings to drizzle over the top. Next time I will provide that, because it was *just* this side of too dry.