Down-home goodness and a great cheese flavour!
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Generously butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar (if using) baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in the corn kernels and cheese and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in pan before serving.
Very good recipe. It could use a bit of oil though. Seems like that is not enough butter to be moist enough. It was very cheesey and we added half a small onion too. I am definitely saving this recipe. Goes GREAT with chili!
Excellent! Made a double batch, using only one can of corn,,,ratio seemed perfect. This recipe is a keeper for sure!
This is delicious. I added a bit of cayenne pepper to give it a little spark.
@AnnieS321: I can only think that you used too much of a certain ingredient.
PLEASE NOTE: The METRIC quantities are really wrong. I'm from the UK so am used to measuring in Grams, etc. Luckily, I have electronic scales that weigh in g, ml, oz. However after using my CUP measuring bowls on my electronic scales I notice the error. If you're from the UK invest in measuring cups
Right now it's time for some more cornbread yum! :o)