Down-home goodness and a great cheese flavour!
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Generously butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar (if using) baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in the corn kernels and cheese and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in pan before serving.