1/3 Photos of Cheddar Cheese Cornbread
Down-home goodness and a great cheese flavour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2Generously butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar (if using) baking soda and salt.
- 4Mix in the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- 5Stir in the corn kernels and cheese and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Let cool slightly in pan before serving.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.6 mg
- Sodium 1361.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 18.6 g