These are great for Girls Hang Out Night. The recipe calls for prepared pizza crust. When I made it with the pizza dough, if you don't cook it, the dough is "doughy" and if you cook the dough the stuffing gets dried out. I tried it the second time with crescents instead and it was much much better.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 1 (6 ounce) packagechopped pasteurized refrigerated lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese (from 4 oz container)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F; spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on work surface. Roll or press dough into 18x12 inch rectangle. Cut into 24 (3x3 inch) squares. Place 1 square in each muffin cup.
- In medium bowl, mix crabmeat, onion, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, spreadable cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese until well mixed. Spoon 1 tablespoon crabmeat mixture into each dough-lined cup.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Bake about 2 minutes longer or until cheese is just melted. Immediately remove from muffin cups.
- Serve warm or cold.