1/3 Photos of Cheese and Mushroom-Stuffed Meatloaf
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My family's favourite meatloaf (OK, sometimes my little one picks out the mushrooms). This one is really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and mushrooms.
- 4Cook until mushrooms are golden-brown and liquid evaporates, about 8-9 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175C).
- 7Mix beef and everything else but cheese.
- 8Turn out onto large square of plastic wrap.
- 9Pat into 9 x 12 inch rectangle.
- 10Spread mushroom filling over rectangle, leaving a ½ inch border on all sides.
- 11Cover mushrooms with cheese.
- 12Starting at one short end, roll up jelly roll fashion. Take time and lovingly pat it into a compact shape to fit into your loaf pan - this will ensure that it doesn't crack as it bakes.
- 13Arrange seam side down in 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 14(Can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate) Bake until loaf shrinks from sides of pan and browns, about 1 hour.
- 15Pour off any drippings.
- 16Gently turn out loaf and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Mushroom-Stuffed Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.3
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 137.7 mg
- Sodium 855.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 32.8 g