So good with a big mug of steaming hot, sweet tea! I sometimes like to serve these with pickled onions on the side, too. My favorite pickles to use for this are the wonderfully crisp and fresh-tasting bread & butter pickles sold at Trader Joe's.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- mayonnaise, to taste (I just spread thinly on each slice)
- mustard, to taste (whatever kind you like, I like yellow or spicy stone-ground)
- 1 -2 slice cheddar cheese (better with a at least a medium-sharp cheddar, if not sharp cheddar)
- 1⁄4 cup bread and butter pickles, drained (or to taste)
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard on bread. Trim cheese slices to fit bread and place on one slice. Lay pickles over cheese and top with second slice of bread.
- This is a little easier to eat if cut in half, since the pickle slices tend to want to escape.