Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This East European recipe was snagged off the internet specifically for my first participation in Zaar's World Tour 4!
- Add thin layer of olive oil to heated skillet, just enough to cover the bottom.
- In a bowl, combine flour, onions and potatoes, then stir in cheese.
- Spoon piles of potato/cheese mixture into hot skillet, making 3" rounds, 1" apart.
- Cook cakes until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove cooked cakes and repeat process until 12 pancakes are finished.
I made these very last minute so I had to use red onion and a mixture of grated cheeses - cheddar, mozzarella, asiago and parmesan. Very good and very easy to make, we enjoyed these with meatloaf and fresh veggies! Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Sydney Mike! :)
Great little lunch, and definately can taste the onion flavor. Also like the fact that combined with the cheese made for some real flavorful Potato Pancakes. Other than adding a dash of perrer made recipe down the line. Also no problem with the cakes falling apart either. Made for New Zaar tag (24 hour rule).
These were really good! I like that you can taste the onion which I like, but it was not too overpowering like DH likes. I made with cheddar cheese, but otherwise made as is. Will be making these again! Made for AUS/NZ Make My Recipe Tag.