Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a basic Cheese Ball recipe. The core of the recipe is the cheese and the lemon juice. You can adjust the flavouring to suit your taste. You can make a couple of small balls instead of one large ball. If you want to freeze the ball/s do not roll them in the pecans until you thaw the ball/s in the fridge and are ready to serve the cheese ball.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped pimiento (gives nice color)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups grated strong cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed pecans, to roll the cheese ball in
- Mix all together, form a ball.
- Roll in finely chopped pecans.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I didn't use the pimiento, and I added English "brown sauce" instead of the Worcestershire sauce. I also added dried chives, and I used flaked almonds on the outside instead of pecans. It still turned out great, and all my guests loved it. I would suggest doing the two balls, because one ball is quite large.