Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One base recipe you divide into three. I made this last night for a jewelry party. Had major recipe requests. These are delicious! Am taking to a party this weekend, and one of my guests from last night asked me to bring to her Christmas. From Martha Stewart Living December 05 issue.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 8 ounces orange sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons chutney (I used bottled mango chutney from grocery store)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1⁄3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips Sweets & Beets)
- water crackers
- Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined. Divide equally among 3 medium bowls.
- Stir cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl. Form into a ball and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to one month. After thoroughly chilled, smooth into perfectly round ball with hands and roll in cranberries to coat before serving. Serve with crackers.
- Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy. Form into ball and chill as above. Roll in walnuts to coat before serving. Serve with chips.
- Stir goat cheese and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl. Form into a ball and chill as above. Roll inparsley to coat before serving. Serve with cucumber slices.