Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been making this for over 20 years, and was surprised not to see it here on Zaar. I got this recipe from my dear Auntie. I've changed it a bit over the years to make it "just a little less" on the fat than the original, but if you make this, forget your diet! I make it for special occasions only. Leftovers are great on hamburgers, in chili, use your imagination! It's yummy! The tomatoes and jalapenos can be substituted with 1-2 cans Rotel. Serve with chips of your choice.
- In microwave or on stove top, melt together and stir Velveeta and butter.
- Do this slowly on medium heat and stir frequently to combine.
- Use a wire whisk near the end of this process to completely mix these two ingredients.
- In blender, blend tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Add this mixture to cheese mixture.
- Combine thoroughly, re-heat, and serve warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish.
Easy to make and so good! Instead of using regular Velveeta, I used 2% milk Velveeta. I completely omitted the butter....still delicious and the calories from fat dropped from 82% to 39%. We used apples for dipping!
This was a big hit at our Memorial Day BBQ. I made 1/2 of the recipe as there were only 6 of us. The only thing I would change is to add more cheese to thick the dip up, but the flavor is great!!! I melted it in the microwave and then added it to my small crock pot to keep it hot. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 7.
We sure did enjoy this, for our 'appy' dinner night! I must admit that I added about 1/2 lb. of ground sirloin, to 'beef' it up for us. It was great, tho I may have over-processed the tomatoes and jalapenos. (I 'thought' I had Ro-Tel in the cabinet; I was mistaken...LOL) I'll sure be making this to share; would really be great for Game Night! Thanks so much for sharing, Chef PotPie!