1/3 Photos of Cheese Con Queso Dip
Chef PotPie's Note:
I've been making this for over 20 years, and was surprised not to see it here on Zaar. I got this recipe from my dear Auntie. I've changed it a bit over the years to make it "just a little less" on the fat than the original, but if you make this, forget your diet! I make it for special occasions only. Leftovers are great on hamburgers, in chili, use your imagination! It's yummy! The tomatoes and jalapenos can be substituted with 1-2 cans Rotel. Serve with chips of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In microwave or on stove top, melt together and stir Velveeta and butter.
- 2Do this slowly on medium heat and stir frequently to combine.
- 3Use a wire whisk near the end of this process to completely mix these two ingredients.
- 4In blender, blend tomatoes and jalapenos.
- 5Add this mixture to cheese mixture.
- 6Combine thoroughly, re-heat, and serve warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Con Queso Dip
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 749.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g