I made these one year for a fundraiser bake sale for the local animal shelter... I figured, it's a bake sale, why not animal treats? They're not hard to make, and your pooch will love them. NOTE: these are not intended as people food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine flour, cheese, garlic and vegetable oil until mixture is the consistencyof coarse meal.
- 3Slowly add water until mixture forms a ball (this may require a little more water).
- 4Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and roll out each piece 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Cut out bones with a cutter or by creating a template.
- 6Do not re-roll scraps.
- 7Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- 8Carefully transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- 9Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Dog Bone Treats
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g