Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cheese fondue printed from cooks.com
Make and share this Cheese Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- In large saucepan, sauté onion in butter with bouillon, stirring to dissolve; add flour. Whisk together until smooth.
- Cook stirring constantly, until butter and flour mixture bubbles and looks fluffy.
- Slowly whisk milk in; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Add cheeses gradually and stir until melted. Keep warm while serving. A fondue pot is best.
- Things to dip in fondue include: French bread (cut or torn into bite-size chunks, day old bread is best), apple slices, carrot sticks, celery sticks, broccoli flowerettes, chunks of fried hot dog, cooked ham, Vienna sausage, etc. Use your imagination.
This was good stuff. I know its not a traditional fondue, more like a cheese sauce but it was really good anyway. I ended up adding some salt and garlic powder and used evaporated milk and skim-which is what I had.
Boy was this delicious. It is a cold rainy night so we decided to have a buffet style dinner with chicken fingers, veggies and dip, onion rings and fondue. This definitely is a "do again" recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs. Thx mama's kitchen!