1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 24 fluid ounces water
- 2 tablespoons oregano, fresh; chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 3To make the sauce, gently saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until the onion is translucent, about five minutes.
- 4Add the tomato paste and stir.
- 5Slowly add the water and stir.
- 6Add the seasonings and allow the sauce to simmer while preparing the manicotti and filling.
- 7Manicotti: Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the olive oil, and drop in the manicotti.
- 8Cook al dente, about 12 minutes.
- 9Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 10Set aside. Filling: beat the ricotta with the eggs until combined in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
- 11Add the grated cheeses and softened butter, beat until combined.
- 12Add the salt, pepper and basil.
- 13Beat on low just until everything is combined.
- 14Gently fill the cooked manicotti with the cheese mixture and arrange in two greased 9"x13" pans.
- 15Cover the pasta in each pan with half the sauce; sprinkle on additional Parmesan.
- 16Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is thoroughly melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.1
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 285.0 mg
- Sodium 1860.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: