1/1 Photo of Cheese Olive Balls
15 hrs 30 mins
A fantastic recipe, a bit different from the others on the site, as it contains more spices. I usually have these in the lounge before settling my guests down for dinner, and they always go really quickly. I don't remember where I got it from, but it's certainly a favorite and I'll be making them for Christmas eve! These are best made the day before, and popped in the oven just before you need them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium-size bowl, cream butter.
- 2Mix in flour, cheese, paprika, cumin, and hot sauce.
- 3Cover bowl and refrigerate at least an hour.
- 4Dry olives on paper towels.
- 5With a ball of cheese mixture that is close in size to the olive, flatten the cheese mixture in your palm, plop the olive in the center, work the mixture up around the olive, and then very gently roll it around between your palms.
- 6Make sure the cheese mixture completely seals in the olive.
- 7Repeat with remaining olives.
- 8Place the cheese-wrapped olives on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in freezer until frozen. If you are planning to bake immediately, place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- 9Once frozen, you can store in resealable plastic bags in the freezer until you are read to bake them.
- 10Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 11Prior to baking, remove olive from the freezer and allow to stand at room temperature for approximately 15 minute (while the oven is heating).
- 12Place olives on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to slightly warm.
- 13Serve at room temperature to slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Olive Balls
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 56.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives