I've never had anyone turn these down. They are so easy to make and the results are always good. Try these after the game or after a winter outdoors event. I have been told that the recipe was originally from a Company's Coming cook book- I am not sure where I found it. I love Company's Coming cookbooks so that is likely where I saw it.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (preferably freshly grated)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 baguette, fresh, about 2 1/2-inch round and 27-inch long
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Mix the first 8 ingredients (this can be done the day ahead and refrigerated).
- Cut the baguette into 1" slices.
- Butter one side.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet, buttered side up.
- Divde the Mixture among the slices and spread.
- Bake in 350f oven for about 15 minutes and the cheese has melted.