1/2 Photos of Cheese Pasties
1 hr 30 mins
Here is a vegetarian version of the traditional Cornish miners turnover. Haven't tried it yet, but posting for the Zaar World Tour 2005. This recipe is from Moosewood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make crust: combine salt and flour. Cut butter into flour with fingers until it resembles coarse corn meal.
- 2Sprinkle on cold water and stir until dough sticks together.
- 3Form dough into a ball and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Do not over-chill!
- 4To make Filling: Mix together the filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 6Cut the ball of dough into 6 pieces. Roll out each piece about 1/8 inch thick and Cut a 9 inch circle out of each piece.
- 7Put 1/6 of the filling in the middle of each pastry circle.
- 8Pull one edge over the filling to make a half-circle.
- 9Seal the edges together like a turnover. Turn the edges over and press with a fork to double-seal.
- 10Cut slits in the top of the pasties so that steam can escape.
- 11BAke for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 F and bake for another 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- 12Remove from oven, and allow the pasties rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.0
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 1002.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.5 g