Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Cheese Straws With Rice Krispies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Mix margarine and grated cheese with a fork; add flour, paprika, red pepper, garlic salt and Tabasco.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal.
- Roll each piece to marble size, put on ungreased cookie sheet, mash with fork.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
A very neat idea to use up Rice Krispies! Although I didn't have all the ingredients, of course I substituted cayenne for the red pepper/tobasco. I threw in a spoonful of mustard, experimenting and used a special seasoning salt. Took them to the local pub..and they were gone in minutes! Will definitely use the basis recipe again!
These were DELICIOUS! I altered the shape to make "Witch's Fingers" to go alongside the main dish for my daughter's Spooky Sleepover Bday Party. I will definitely make these again - so simple, yet a really terrific flavor. Thanks!