Another recipe from the morning news. I think this one belongs to the lady who stars in the show since there is no other credit for it. My kids LOVED this and next to me, they are the pickiest eaters ever. I used the Boboli thin style crust and colby cheese (our preference). ** As stated in reviews, this makes quite a bit for 1 crust. It would be best to use 2 crusts or half the recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pizza crust, pre-baked
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup dill pickle, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- In a skillet, cook beef,onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until meat is browned; drain and set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce.
- Top with beef mixture, bacon, pickles, and cheeses.
- Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 9-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
We have pizza every Sunday night in our family so I'm always looking for new things. This was great! Used my own homemade crust, A colby mix instead of the cheddar, and no parmesan cheese. I also only put pickles on half, because I wasn't sure which we'd all prefer. The final consensus was better with the pickles : ) Thanks for the recipe, will be using it again!!
I love pizza, and I'll try it almost any different way. I really enjoyed this pizza. I did not use a prebaked crust, instead I used my own pizza dough and it turned out wonderful. There was very little leftover by the end of the night. Thanks!!
Since I don't like pizza with pepperoni, I really enjoyed this one. I like ground beef pizza. But I think that mushrooms would be a great addition on this pizza. I made 2 pizza with it. For this one (on the photo), I forgot to put the bacon, so I had to put it on top of the cheese and it was even better like that. More beautiful also. Thanks Jess. Made for Holiday tag