1/1 Photo of Cheesy Bacon Snack Bread
1 hr 20 mins
With football season and the holidays coming up I am always looking for great appetizers. I found this one at Land O Lakes site and am posting for safe keeping. I plan to make this soon, and will update. Note: Prep time doesn't include thaw time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed according to package directions (1-pound loaf)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, if desired
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or Monterey Jack)
- 5 slices bacon, crumbled and crisply cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Press dough into greased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan or into 15x10x1-inch rectangle on large greased baking sheet.
- 2Combine melted butter, onion salt and liquid smoke in small bowl. Brush evenly over dough. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- 3Heat oven to 375°F Prick dough carefully all over with fork. Sprinkle cheese and bacon evenly over dough. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges of dough are golden brown and cheese begins to brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into serving pieces; serve warm.
- 4Recipe Tip
- 5If thawed dough is cold let stand covered, about 30 minutes at room temperature before pressing into pan.
- 6Recipe Tip
- 7To reheat snack bread, heat oven to 350°F Wrap bread in aluminum foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Bacon Snack Bread
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 97.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen white bread dough