Just wait until you taste this, throw on some green onions on top of the mozzarella cheese also if desired :)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan or baking sheet.
- Slice the bread into about 1/2-inch slices.
- In the microwave or stove top melt the butter with garlic powder.
- Mix in the dried parsley.
- Place the bread slices on the baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush generously coat the tops of each slice with the melted butter/garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle tops of each slice lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat then sprinkle shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese onto each slice.
- Return to oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted and the bread is lightly toasted.
As always, Kitten, delicious. I made this last night to go with our spaghetti supper. By mistake, I mixed the melted butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese in a dish and let it sit on my counter. By the time I made it, it had hardened a little bit and I was able to spread it on the slices instead of brushing it. Even though it was a mistake, I will do it this way again as I hate to wash the brushes with butter in them. My youngest granddaughter was here and had supper with us and she loved it, too. She had four slices (a lot for a little girl) and my husband and I finished off the rest. This was so easy to make and I like "easy" (smile). Thanks for the recipe, Kitten. Everything of yours that I have made is over 5 stars. By the way, we will be having this again tonight....it was soooo good.
This is so delicious that it's difficult to put down! Wonderful! Thanks, Kittencal! Made in memory of Kitten's husband, John.
Mmmm....delicious.An easy and great tasting recipe.Thanks Kit x.