Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great twist on your usual queso dip! This recipe came from the December/January 1996 issue of Country America magazine. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
- 1 cup salsa (I use hot)
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup beer
- Combine salsa, American cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and cream cheese in a medium pan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until all cheese are melted.
- Stir in beer and heat through. Serve warm (in a chafing dish or mini-crockpot) with chips.
This is so yummy. I made the whole recipe and we have leftover for the next days LOL I had mild salsa to use and this was perfect for my son. I used part-skim cheddar cheese instead of american cheese. Thanks Loof :) Made for PRMR tag game
What a great afternoon snack this was while watching the football games. I made 1/4 of the recipe for DH and I and did add some browned hamburger/onion mixture and used a medium salsa, but next time would use a hot salsa. We normally keep the medium on hand but with the cream cheese, beer, monterey and american cheeses to mellow some of the heat, I think we could tolerate the hot salsa! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
The dip by itself is okay but with the mini chicken tacos it was excellent!Thanks for posting :)