A family favorite - flavorful and comforting on a cold winter evening.
Make and share this Cheesy Broccoli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and chop broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of salted water until tender.
- While broccoli is cooking, melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender and translucent.
- Stir in flour to make roux; slowly add broth and cream.
- Stir and cook just until thickened.
- Add salt, nutmeg, and drained,cooked broccoli.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread.