1/1 Photo of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
A family favorite - flavorful and comforting on a cold winter evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and chop broccoli into bite size pieces.
- 2Cook broccoli in a small amount of salted water until tender.
- 3While broccoli is cooking, melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender and translucent.
- 4Stir in flour to make roux; slowly add broth and cream.
- 5Stir and cook just until thickened.
- 6Add salt, nutmeg, and drained,cooked broccoli.
- 7Just before serving, stir in cheese.
- 8Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.9
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 1042.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g