1/2 Photos of Cheesy Cabbage Heads
My dad made these when I was a kid and now it is a staple at every family barbecue. My DH has turned it into his 'pet recipe' and I must say, it is DElicious! The times are approximate because we always cook it on the grill although it can be done in the oven and they vary depending on the size of cabbage you use. Also you may not need all of the butter and probably only half of the cheese, but we always make at least two heads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay cabbage on its top with the core facing up.
- 2Carefully cut the core out of the cabbage and hollow it out about halfway deep and about 2 inches across.
- 3Generously salt and pepper the cabbage.
- 4Fill the hole with butter and wrap in two layers of foil.
- 5Put cabbage on top rack of your grill and cook on medium heat for about 2 hours or until soft. Again times may vary.
- 6Open foil and fill hole with cheez whiz.
- 7Recover and put back on grill until cheese has had a chance to melt through.
- 8Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Cabbage Heads
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 968.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g