Who needs Shake 'n' Bake? Do-it-yourself and with a little imagination, create your own variations! Serve with a tossed green salad and a baked potato for a complete meal!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In the Ziploc bag, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Brush each chicken piece with the olive oil, then drop singly, into the crumb mix in the Ziploc bag and shake well to coat.
- Place each coated chicken piece together on an UNgreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour or until the chicken is 170° and the juices run clear.
- Variations: This is a hugely versatile recipe, where seasonings are interchangeable depending on the type of cuisine you're aiming for --.
- Make it a little Italian by swapping out the paprika for some italian seasoning; Make it a little Tex-Mex by swapping out the paprika and garlic powder for chili powder and ground cumin -- you get the idea.
- If you're anything like many cooks, you probably have all kinds seasonings lurking in your cupboard; Throw caution to the four winds and experiment a little -- see what you come up with!