Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great little appetizer that can be made ahead of time and frozen. When guests arrive, just pop them in the microwave to reheat. Everyone loves them and they are so easy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soften
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 (6 ounce) canflaked crabmeat
- 1 (6 count) package English muffins
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Slice muffins in half horizontal.
- Spread each muffin half with the cheeze/crab mixture.
- Place under broiler and brown (WATCH CAREFULLY SO IT DOESN'T BURN).
- Cut each muffin half into quarters when cool enough to handle.
- (I keep a bag of these in the freezer for when unexpected guests show up. Just broil as instructed above, place on a cookie sheet to freeze, then transfer to freezer bags. When guests arrive, place in microwave to heat up and then serve).
This was super easy, and tasted wonderful. I LOVE the fact that you can them make up, and then stash them in the freezer for later use. Really great little appetizers.
These were a hit and easy to make. They froze and reheated very well, a bonus in my book!
Very nice, easy and quick. I did add some scallions for a little green, but made as is. Just a light lunch for me with a cup of soup. But a party food, game night, would be perfect. Old classic back again, I for one really enjoyed them. I often have soup and sandwich and I had a friend stop over and we had these, soup and some fruit for dessert which made the perfect light dinner. Thx for sharing! Will definitely make them again.