1/2 Photos of Cheesy Potato Bacon Packets for the Grill
I have been making these for years, it's a family favorite! all ingredients are wrapped in a foil pouch then grilled for about 30-40 minutes, add in some cooked cubed ham for a complete meal, you could even make the packets well in advance then refrigerate until ready to grill :) Make certain to use only large heavy-duty foil for this and spray the inside of the foil generously!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large potatoes (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I just use a 1-pound package of bacon)
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces (use 3 tablespoons for each packet)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- shredded cheese
- 1Divide the sliced potatoes and onions equally between two pieces (about 18-inches each) heavy-duty foil, that has been sprayed liberally with cooking spray.
- 2Sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder; tossing lightly with hands to coat with seasonings.
- 3In a bowl combine grated cheddar mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; divide and sprinkle over the potatoes and onions.
- 4Divide/top with bacon and butter cubes.
- 5Bring opposite ends of the foil together over filling and fold down several times.
- 6Fold unsealed ends toward filling and crimp tightly (making a sealed packet, you may poke a small hole on top of the packet to let steam escape).
- 7At this point to you may refrigerate for a few hours until ready to grill.
- 8Place on grill over medium heat for about 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 9Remove from grill, carefully open the packets (be careful these packets have lots of steam inside, so open with care!) and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potato Bacon Packets for the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 577.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: