Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making these for years, it's a family favorite! all ingredients are wrapped in a foil pouch then grilled for about 30-40 minutes, add in some cooked cubed ham for a complete meal, you could even make the packets well in advance then refrigerate until ready to grill :) Make certain to use only large heavy-duty foil for this and spray the inside of the foil generously!
- 6 large potatoes (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled (I just use a 1-pound package of bacon)
- 88.74 ml butter, cut into small pieces (use 3 tablespoons for each packet)
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt
- black pepper
- shredded cheese
- Divide the sliced potatoes and onions equally between two pieces (about 18-inches each) heavy-duty foil, that has been sprayed liberally with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder; tossing lightly with hands to coat with seasonings.
- In a bowl combine grated cheddar mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; divide and sprinkle over the potatoes and onions.
- Divide/top with bacon and butter cubes.
- Bring opposite ends of the foil together over filling and fold down several times.
- Fold unsealed ends toward filling and crimp tightly (making a sealed packet, you may poke a small hole on top of the packet to let steam escape).
- At this point to you may refrigerate for a few hours until ready to grill.
- Place on grill over medium heat for about 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from grill, carefully open the packets (be careful these packets have lots of steam inside, so open with care!) and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
Great recipe. Didn't change a thing in the ingredients and it came out awesome. Instead of foil wrapping, I use 2 foil containers clipped together (top & bottom, with office foldback clips). I find them handier to flip during cooking and easier to check when packets are fully cooked.
Loved this recipe. I used a tin foil pan and stirred occasionaly. The second time when camping I used canned potatoes . It worked great, no one guessed that I had used canned potatoes. Has become a favorite recipe. Thanks Kittencal.
Great potatoes Kittencal! I made this as listed except I used halved baby potatoes for most of the recipe. With all of the cheese and bacon, I would skip the butter next time. Made for Kittencal's Grilling Game. Thanks Kittencal! :)