This is a savory,hearty quiche that even men who "don't eat quiche" will love. This recipe is from a childhood friend of my husband.
- Brown sausage and drain then rinse with hot water to remove excess fat.
- Place sliced onion in drippings from sausage and cook until onions are translucent.
- Remove and blot in paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Mix sausage and cheese with green pepper (optional) and add flour and mix until coated with flour.
- Place in unbaked pie shell.
- Place onions ontop of quiche.
- Mix spices with beaten egg and add evaporated milk, and stir.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over the quiche.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until quiche is set.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.