Not only did this recipe give me an additional way of fixing this veggie, it provided me with the most wonderful way of cooking it. There were minor adjustments made for personal taste. This recipe is from Kraft Food & Family magazine, fall 2003.
- Pierce the spaghetti squash several times with a fork or sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Place in microwave and cook on high 5 minutes.
- Turn over and continue cooking for for another 5 minutes or just until soft.
- Remove squash from microwave and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash to form strands; reserving one squash shell.
- Toss squash with remaining ingredients adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop back into the reserved squash shell and serve.