Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not only did this recipe give me an additional way of fixing this veggie, it provided me with the most wonderful way of cooking it. There were minor adjustments made for personal taste. This recipe is from Kraft Food & Family magazine, fall 2003.
- Pierce the spaghetti squash several times with a fork or sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Place in microwave and cook on high 5 minutes.
- Turn over and continue cooking for for another 5 minutes or just until soft.
- Remove squash from microwave and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash to form strands; reserving one squash shell.
- Toss squash with remaining ingredients adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop back into the reserved squash shell and serve.
I would give this 5 stars just because it taught me that you CAN cook spaghetti squash in the microwave! Much easier to cook it that way than boiling it or baking it. I used half a squash, as I'm the only one in the house who eats it. I added some colby/jack cheese along with the mozzarella, and added a little Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning for extra zip. This was an easy, tasty, comfort-foody recipe, and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing, Paula!
cant really go wrong with spaghetti squash, in my book- but this was lacking a little flavor. Next time I'll add some sauteed onions and garlic- this time I added some Cyan pepper, gave it a great kick. Thanks for the share!
Lovely, lite, tasty dinner that I was surprised to find even DH (who is a committed carnivore) liked. I did prepare the squash differently following Properly Prepared Spaghetti Squash and I think that gave a nice flavor to the squash - but when it came to putting this together - followed the directions and was very happy with the results for this lite, healthy dinner. It does make a lot, but that's OK - I have leftovers for dinner tonight. Thanks for posting.