1/2 Photos of Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas in Sour Cream Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
It was a cold and snowy day, and I was hungry for enchiladas. I didn't have the ingredients for my usual recipe, I didn't want to run to the store, so I just made this one up with what I had on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast, cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 (36 count) package corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cumin, to taste
- dried chipotle powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt butter in a stock pot.
- 3Add diced vegetables and saute until tender.
- 4Sprinkle flour over the butter/veggie mix and whisk together, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add spices to taste, and cook for another minute or so.
- 6Whisk in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 7When the sauce is thickened, remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the sour cream.
- 8Taste the sauce and readjust your seasonings, if you need to. (I find that I often need to add more salt after I add the sour cream.).
- 9Soften tortillas in your usual way. (I fry them in a bit of oil in my cast iron skillet.)
- 10While the sauce is cooking, use a food processor and chop the chicken finely.
- 11Mix chicken, beans, and 1 cup of cheese in a bowl.
- 12Roll the filling in the softened tortillas and place them in a lightly greased pan. (You will probably have tortillas left over. My kids like them spread with a little butter and folded in quarters for snacks.).
- 13Pour the sauce over top, sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 14Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and a little browned on the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas in Sour Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 350.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g