Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Beautiful dish, we can't get enough of it, homemade and from nz, perfect
Make and share this Chicken and Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- line base and sides of 22cm pie dish with one sheet of pastry.
- in a bowl, combine chicken, cheese, cottage cheese, yoghurt and pepper.
- lightly beat eggs and stir into mixture.
- spoon filling into lined dish.
- cover with the remaining pastry sheet.
- trim edges.
- bake at 220 degrees for 10 minutes.
- then 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- serve hot or cold.
My step daughters really like this dish the first time I made it. The second time instead of cottage cheese I used riccota cheese and that really works well also. I also used white pepper intead of black. I also made this for a church pot luck and it went real fast I didn't have enough for everyone so next time I really need to make a lot of pies to feed a lot of hungary people.
Thanks Pixie! I have been looking for this recipe for ages. I used a cup of fat free yogurt instead of the cottage cheese and add a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard . Yummy!